Priontex is South Africa’s leading manufacturer of superior quality medical laminate, theatre textiles, clean room suits and procedure packs that are used locally and sub-Saharan Africa. Using innovative processes and a world-class service we offer our customers guaranteed quality products providing protection and comfort.
To provide surgical supplies solutions that:
- Reduce surgical site infection risk
- Enable operational efficiencies
- Are cost effective
- Are environmentally responsible
RIGHT SOLUTION, RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME
Our Core Values
Background & History
Priontex was founded
Medical textile rental
Partnership with Micronclean
Priontex in Midrand, Johannesburg
Priontex acquired Malachite Medical
Priontex acquired B & L Steripack
Environmental pollution has become a major concern for the future of life on our planet. Incineration of medical waste from hospitals contributes significantly to airborne pollution in our environment – an inconvenient truth!
Medical waste incineration is a major source for chlorinated dioxins, extremely toxic substances that may pose a large-scale, long-term public health risk by affecting reproduction, development, immune system function and carcinogenesis.
Source reduction entails the replacement of single-use items with reusable items where possible.
- Hospitals and plastics. Dioxin prevention and medical waste incinerators. Public Health Rep 1996 Jul-Aug; 111 (4): 299-313, Thornton J.
- Groups warn of dioxin treat in red-bag waste. OR Manager 1997 Jun; 13 (6): 25
- Sources of dioxin. Science 1994 Oct 21; 266 (5184): 349; discussion 350-2, Spiro TG, Thomas VM.
- Managing waste via source reduction. Am J Infect Control 2000 Aug; 28 (4): 324-5. Belkin NL.
- Adding up the advantages of reusable textiles. Am Laund Dig 1995 Sep 15; 60(9):30-2
- Reusables win the battle over disposables. Text Rent 1992 Mar; 75 (7): 58-9. Reich D.
Our Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes of Good Practice certificates are issued by Grant Thornton Verification Services (Pty) Ltd, which is a SANAS approved B-BBEE verification agency.
Malachite Medical, a division of Priontex, is a level 1 Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)
Priontex Micronclean Gauteng is a level 4 BBBEE contributor.
General Manager – Pan Africa
Chief Financial Officer
Head - New Business Development
Group HR Manager
National Marketing Manager
National Market Access Manager
Senior Ops Managers - Gauteng & Durban
Durban Branch Manager
Port Elizabeth Branch Manager
Operations Manager - Cape Town
Operations Manager – Manufacturing, Cape Town
Group QA Manager
Group Financial Manager